Sunday, October 28, 2007

What a way to start Vacation

I am on vacation. Friday evening we headed for our 2nd weekend home in Pune. We were supposed to catch Mahabus starting from Mantralaya to Pune at 6.00 p.m. After 45 mins waiting, we lost the Patience and decided to go to Dadar Asiad Bus Stand only to find out long very long queue. ( Even after 20-25 years of opening of this bus stand. concerned authorities have not been able to move out of this cramped place and shift to decent bus stand. ).


The next option was catching Mumbai-Pune Taxi from the Taxi stand opp. Asiad Bus Stand.
"Taxies are not available" That's the standard answer I have always received ,whenever I have tried to take the taxi. You have to wait. Then we went to Pune-Mumbai taxi Stand in Hindu Colony and hired all by ourselves, Indica Taxi, drop at my doorstep. ofcouce with extra charge, without any excuse of whatsoever from the operator's side.
That was the point , start of vacation in comfort.
All those years I kept on complaining about the food quality at Express way. This time we decided to stop at Bhagat Tarachand's newly opened restaurant on the Bharat's Petrol pump after Toll Naka at Talegaon and to my surprise I was taken aback with the excellent ,superb, very tasty food. It was around 11.00 pm. , the next night after Kojagiri Poornima, with full moon and pleasant climate. I ordered Makka de Roti, and Dal Fry , pipping hot, my wife and son went for Malai Kofta. The food was damn good. I am happy , we have found a strong reason to take a break on expressway.
Next day was devoted to Diwali Shopping Damaka. We had good reason to go for shopping at "Westside". I had received their 20 % discount coupon on my birthday, Plus the store is offering Rs. 1000.00 Gift coupon on the purchase of RS.4000.00
To avail the gift coupons for rs.2000.00 . we rather I spent Rs.10,000.00 under "shop till you drop dead " mania. Well no regrets.
Today is a shopping day for my big BOSS.

No comments: