Thursday, March 01, 2007

B.TAMBE UPAHAR GRUHA -Jevayala Chala

This article was written earlier, bringing in front for the sake of benefit for those who have came across my blog recently.






My wife is very angry rather upset tonight. My crime is I did not carry Gul Poli ( Poli or chappaties made with Jaggery, my mistake, I should not have mentioned Gulpoli ) back home, her all time favorite, from B.Tambe Upahar Gruha, specially prepared on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. She is down with fever today, and asked me to bring food from outside and next moment without second thought I reached B.Tambe. Where else I would get homely, hygienic, tasty and delicious, exceptionally good bhojan in pleasant ambience at reasonable rates?

B.Tambe is a Restaurant upmarketed beyond recognition, reopened recently at J.Shankershett Road, Thakudwar Naka, Girgaum, Mumbai, with a large and loyal clientele, well known for Authenticate Maharashtian dishes and thali. Why I use term Authenticate Maharashtian Dishes and Thali? Reason is quite obvious. Maharashtian Bhojan and Maharashtian’s restaurants are becoming rare in the capital city. In Mumbai, there are very few Marathi restaurants which can be counted on the fingertips who have not only survived and have flourished and B.Tambe is I would rate highest among them, who have maintained the same good quality food over the ages.
The best of marathi food in Class I comfort.
It is no longer the old restaurant that you may have visited. The place has been remodelled, reconstructed to reintroduce much neglected and misunderstood marathi cuisine to mumbai. Needless to mention about the two high-flyer restaurants, Viva Paschim at Worli ( We have tried it before twice when my wallet was full of Credit Cards and were unimpressed both the times) and newly opened Diva Maharshtracha” at Mahim. They are meant only for the elite class. One cannot afford them for regular meals. They are not for me and besides I have surrendered all my Credit Cards.

We have been a Twice-a-month regular at the B.Tambe Upahar Griha. Tonight I ordered Bajarichi Bhakari with Til. Zhunka , Dalimbi (the Ultimate) in thali. Two vegetables per meal. It was a feast one's eyes, followed by Kharwas. I selected again Dalimbi, Batata Sukhi Bhaji, Tomato Batata Rassa Bhaji, Masale Bhat, in the parcel which I carried home for her and for my old parents.

All these years we had restricted ourselves to Snacks and thali only. Tonight I realized that B.Tambe even have a good sweet shop attached. (More to come on Sweets shop)

So, if it is food you want, vegetarian food and mainly marathi , come to B.TAMBE UPAHAR GRUHA. I had covered B.Tambe earlier in one of the blogs on Maharashtian Restaurants. Plesae click on to know more.
And I must tell you as guessed rightly, after dinner, she changed her mind and pardoned me ( of course, for which I promised to take her to B.Tambe next week for Gul Poli and Ukadiche Modak as penalty).
P.S I have kept my promise. Today we visited for Gulpoli.

No comments: