Wednesday, January 10, 2007

MODERN HINDU HOTEL



This morning, I was reading a review on a Great New Restaurant named “Aurus” in Bombay Times, The Times of India.

Then I said to myself, this is the Restaurant where Shri R.K.Laxman’s Common Man cannot afford to and does not dare to enter where “ On a bench” for “Food’s the mood” one has to shell out hell lot of money.

Succulent broiled New Zealand chops (Rs.1295. Ouch), Vibrant red pepper jelly married to oven roasted baby lobsters (Rs.475) and the Whisper of honey in the jumbo prawns (Rs.895), Aldente pasta with a walnutty caper basil pesto (RS.425), starters of Creole potatoes (Rs.275) and balsamic cottage cheese (Rs.295) The espresso chocolate cake (Rs.325), ………….there goes my half month salary for just one and only one dinner.

Please excuse me. I would better stick to my “Modern Hindu Hotel” where also the food is undeniable tasty. After all what person needs for basic necessity i.e. Food for Living, simple full meal that is also at an affordable price, cooked in hygienic, neat and clean kitchen, served with smile, without any hesitation.

For an unfamiliar person, finding Modern Hindu Hotel may be little tough. It’s situated at 4th floor in Apeejay Chambers, Wallace Street, near Sterling Cinema, C.S.T, Mumbai. However it’s very popular among the staff in the offices vicinity and that’s the reason why they do not mind waiting in queue for their turn for the lunch. Its the place where you do not require any advance reservtion. You can walk in any time. Satisfaction guaranteed.

What you get in Modern Hindu Hotel is Full South Indian Authentic Meal on Plantain leaf (I call it Three Course Meal) just for Rs.40/= (Hike of Rs.5. recently), One Vegetable (Today was Carrot), 3 Chappatis, one Papadam, one bowl of curd, and Rice, Sambhar, Rasam and Dal unlimited (till your tummy is full).

Well to conclude I must say that one really does not have to travel all the way to Chennai or at the most to Matunga for South Indian authentic meal. You even need not climb the staircase , sign boards guides you to “Lift Available".

Only condition is you must mind your own business of eating your lunch, remembering others are waiting in line.

2 comments:

Varsha said...

My fiance to swears by MHH...and all these "upmarket" expensive places, the food is rather bland, proportions are bite sized and you never feel full anyways!!

Anonymous said...

I think it does not make sense to eat at a place when your heart is not there. Moreover spilling so much on one meal should be considered in the light of further consequences to the other entertainments. I share the same views with you no point spending in thousands on food when you can get them for afforadable price with little amount of patience.

Regarding the veg cutlet I never got to have the receipie or the cutlets themselves. When I come to Bombay I am going to make you spend for all the tireless efforts of stirring my taste buds.

The fact remains that it sometimes nice to read them and get a better feeling.

keep writing. Trust family is all fine.