Monday, January 29, 2007

VAISHALI



My dear wife, I want to make a confession. I have fallen in love with Vaishali.


“Oh, I see, That's great, I want to meet your Vaishali. When are you introducing Vaishali to me? That’s the precise reaction I received from my beloved wife. Shocked by her unusual presence of coolness I asked her “Aren’t you jealous?” She replied “should I? And then like a fool I introduced her to Vaishali. That was a biggest blunder. It proved to be costly affair. She liked Vaishali more than me. Now there is no escape only.

Vaishali is a lively restaurant rather an institution at F.C Road, Pune. Whenever we go back to our home in Pune, on the way, we make it a point to visit Vaishali for Masala Dosas, Tomato Omlette, and most of all Idli, Idli and Idli.


Is it only because of good snacks like world famous Idli, SPDP, Masala Dosa, Tomato Omelet, Uttappa etc or more than that? Is it only because to sit in the backyard garden, enjoy atmosphere while eating snacks and watch other food lovies enjoying life or more than that?

Well, I strongly feel that Vaishali is one of the rarest restaurant who has received great honor of having emotionally attached patrons, who are always hooked to it. No matter when you visit Vaishali, you will find it is always full of lively, energetic crowd. You go there early in the morning for breakfast with a thought of meeting fellow morning walkers, joggers, and tennis players; you will be surprised with the presence of families with four generations together and of course there is no time bar and limit for the younger generations to walk into to Vaishali. Those Fergusson students! Do they ever attend lectures or spend their entire terms at Vaishali only?

For last so many years, I do not know why, we never thought of visiting Rupali. May be its one of my shortcoming. I rarely make any change in my lifestyle.

May be some other day we will visit Chaitanya at F.C.Road also where I believe, good Punjabi food is available.

1 comment:

David said...

I loved readig this post. Thank you for sharing.