Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Breakfast at Idli House, Matunga


The circle is complete.

Few years back Udipies , to survive in the cut throat competition, introduced Punjabi, Chinese, Mexican, Gujarati and what not, cuisines to their original menu of Idlis and Dosas.
Now the journey has reached back to the stage one, from where it started. They have started serving only basics, Idli, Idlis and Idlies in the restaurant, and this strategy has proved to be very successful.

This morning after darshan of GSB Ganapati, we had pleasure of enjoying Idlies in Idli House.

The waiter asked "what you would like to eat "

I said " bring me each and every variety of Idlis available, starting from Plain Idli ending with Pepper Idli and Veg.stuffed Idli.

The end result was a bill of Rs. 126.00 for three of us only for Idlis and of course filter coffee.

3 comments:

Varsha said...

I like idli house oondi and pepper idli the best. Not to mention the filter coffee

Jagmohan S Nanaware said...

There used to be a restaurant right outside Matunga east station - Hotel SharadaBhuvan (?) In my life I had my best idlis in this place. Is it still there? Does it still serve great idlis?

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

It's still there. I have not gone there, so I won't know the taste.
Nowadays I prefer Ram Ashray on the corner.