Saturday, February 10, 2007

Khare Mangal Karyalaya, Vishrambaug, Sangli












Remember old saying “Surat ma Jaaman aane Kashi Ma……..”. I am quite sure the person who has originated this saying must have not traveled out of Surat and he must have certainly not visited Sangli in Maharashtra and Khare Mangal Karyalaya, Vishrambaug, Sangli in particular. Otherwise he would not have dared to say that. He would have thought twice before making such vague comments.

This Wednesday, Thursday, we had gone to Khare Mangal Karyalaya, Vishrambaug, Sangli to attend the wedding ceremony.

The menu on a previous night was simply out of class. Krishnakathachi Bharaleli Vangi (why this dish has to be so tasty? How can one resist temptation of licking fingers in Lagnachi pangat?) , Mugachi Khichadi and Kadi (I drank 5/6 bowls of Kadi, so delicious), and the Tomatochi Koshimbir mixed in curd and Danache Kut, Pineapple Sheera. The delightfulness reached at its peak in the end, when they served chilled, just chilled, Dahi Bhat with added attraction of coriander and groundnuts. (I would die for it).

Why, why the god has done injustice to humankind and particularly to me? Why he has provided only one stomach to me? Does he thinks it's enough to give full justice to such wonderful dinner? God please think twice.

The menu for the next day was "In search of excellence. "
Best in the world I would say or can I say that it was “The Rolls Royce of all the menus” served during wedding functions. “

Basundi Puricha khasa bet, Mastapaiki Basundi orapavi, Kurma Bhaji, Masuri-Matkichi Usal, Masale Bhat, Aamti Bhat, Varan Bhat, Mixed Pakoras, Koshimbir, ani Chilled Dahi Bhat again. How many times am I going to die over food?

And how could I forget DahiPohe (First time in my life I eat DahiPohe) served in the morning? Such delicacy where in the world can you find it?

I have decided firmly, I am going to find out a girl from Sangli for my son and I will see that he gets married in Khare Mangal Karyalaya only. No matter I have to wait 10-15 years for that. In the meanwhile I will live on the memories of the food we enjoyed and the level of satisfaction I reached.

It was not “UDARBHARAN” it was “ANANDOTSAV”

5 comments:

Mahek said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on all my recent posts..
you have a nice post here and the dahi rice with peanuts looks really yummy!!!

StayLinked said...

wah yaar mast describe kelays event.

Girish said...

I agree with you in toto about the quality of food at Khare Mangal Karyalaya.I say so not just because the owner of Khare Mangal Karyalaya is my cousin but because I have tasted the delicious food there umpteen times.

Girish said...

I agree with you in toto about the quality of food at Khare Mangal Karyalaya.I say so not just because the owner of Khare Mangal Karyalaya is my cousin but because I have tasted the delicious food there umpteen times.

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Willims

Thanks for visiting my blog. Do droup in some other time