Saturday, September 09, 2006

HOW I GOT ADDICTED TO INTERNET AND BLOG

Statutory Warning: Love me or leave me. Hey, where’s everybody going?

Well it’s a chain reaction. One addiction leads to another and my wife is fully responsible for the same.
(The paragraph below may be sounding gibberish, well its an attempt to a fine reproduction on a small scale of what we watch on IDOT BOX)

It’s a long story like those Hindi and Marathi serials on Television which she watches everyday and night without break. No matter what so ever. Serials are like a never ending story. Even if you watch the T.V. serial after a huge gap say may be after a gap of 1-2 years I am sure you would not have missed much. Just few dialogues here and there. Nothing more nothing less. Hero may have become old and turned into grandfatherly figure, heroine is now grandmother or even great grandmother (may be staying in house or may be in exile, with memory or loss of memory) but still looking young and still very attractive (How they manage to stay young and fit at this age?. (In reality I have no objection. Last week one young girl offered me a seat in a bus reserved for Senior Citizen even though I have not even crossed mid forties) in her silk saris and wearing tons of Gold ornaments all the time in the home and in spite of working in the kitchen all the time, in the same appearance and staying in huge mansion along with their family , even though multimillionaires with no servants, no cooks, no driver, no housemaid, poor lady has to cook and serve food all the time, to biggest khandan in the whole world with father–in-law, mother-in-law, current husband, ex husband, or husbands with or without their families, along with current husband’s relatives, Brothers-in-law, sisters-in-laws, with their spouses and children, her husband’s sons, daughters, her sons, her daughters, their sons and their daughters, spouses of ex husband’s, along with their children from current and ex husband/s and on the top of it her own sisters and husband’s ex girlfriends (very complicated human relationships you know? ), and half of the time you won’t understand what’s their problem? or why the are fighting or arguing or why this time they are in jail or how come they are out of prison so fast. And not to forget those villainous women (I would say Nadira was far far better) with their notorious assistants always busy with their foul plays and half the time visiting temples, or Characters with plastic surgery done on the face to change the appearance and play hide and seek game. (Once I thought of changing my face with the help of plastic surgery, but dropped the idea as my wife will recognize me at first instance with my big tummy. (Some people pass a comments saying when I enter room that first my tummy comes then followed by me), persons dying in accidents and reappearing mystically and so on.

It’s so confusing you know.

To cut the story short, my wife is a great addict of all those serials on STAR and Z channel. After 8.00 P.M to 11.00 P.M she is absolutely busy and of course nothing is wrong in it. She also needs break after working long hours finishing house chores. Her day starts at early in the morning 5.00 a.m. (We get municipal water only between 5.00 A.M to 6.30 A.M and needs to store). In between no one is allowed disturbed her when she is in front of T.V. Any attempt to make any conversation with her leads to you nowhere during those hours. She simply ignores it. After all she has to keep track and consistency and her mind has to remain alert all the time as not to interchange characters among different serials. Whenever she is in a mood to talk, she will open a dialogue saying do you know what happened to Bani or Prerna or Saloni or Tulsi or Parvati (whomsoever may be, name is not important) today? and start explaining the current scenario, me with no clue, will start trying remembering names of my relatives and friends and try to correlate whom she is talking about till realizing she is taking about some character in T.V.serial. Thanks to those advertisements in between, that’s the only hope of getting dinner served.

Sometimes I wised in real life I could have also married three four times either with same women again, then divorce her and marry with her again and in-between the transitions period marry some other women, (as plot inspired by, guess?????) Beware. Be careful. This thought can boomerang; one doesn’t know she may be thinking on the similar lines. Oh no. am I getting emotionally imbalanced? Am I becoming hopeless character?

Is my wife solely responsible or my son is also equally to be blamed? As far as he is concerned, there are only three channels worth watching, Cricket, WWF and Cartoon. He still watches Cartoons in his teenage can you believe that. (Well to confess I also do like cartoons). 1st half of the evening, T.V set is entirely his property and in his possession only and you cannot snatched T.V Remote control from hands of young generations. You know how difficult it is.

In short when I reach home, I got nothing to do except switched on the computer log on to Internet open blog and blahblahblahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: