Friday, December 15, 2006

Varan, Bhat, Tup Ani Wine?


Dear Shri Abhijit Desai,

For a long time I was thirsty to read good, knowledgeable article on wine and I am so glad to say that finally, the craving was satisfied with your article titled “Jeevan Meri Madhushala” in Lokprabha, Diwali 2006.

Varan, Bhat, Tup Ani Wine? I couldn't believe it? You want us to enjoy wine with Vada Pau, Walache Birde, Mugachi Usal, Battyachi Bhaji, Thalipit, Misal, Zhunka Bhakar and Mirchicha Thecha? Are you sure? Did I read it correctly? With Kheer also?

On the top of that are you trying to confuse us by advising to try wine with Gujarati Thali along with Shrikhand or Basundi as sweet dish?

My dear Abhijit, let me tell you, it’s very late in the night today and the shops must be closed outside. I will ensure that I strictly follow your advice from tomorrow. First thing first. After all I am quite impressed with the article.

We had very little knowledge about wine, winery, and vineyards in Maharashtra, Vanadhipati Shri Vinayakdada Patil, Shri Jagdish Holkar, Sula Vineyards, Shri Rajeev Samant and Shri Pradip Pachpatil.

This New Year’s my resolution is to visit Sula Vineyards and just enjoy the life.

No comments: