Wednesday, December 13, 2006

baigan ka bharta and bajrichi bhakri


Last few days I kept on nagging my wife and kept on complaining that she is not preparing something special for me which I really enjoy from my heart and finally tonight she decided to show little mercy on me.

Firstly I eat my words back followed by tonight’s extraordinary menu for dinner with Baigan ka Bharta, Bajrichi bhakri, with lots of pure ghee on top. In addition to that she prepared Pithale and Coconut/Groundnut/Til Chutney. To add taste, Curd and Raw onion were also present. What a nice way to start winter season.

I could not help myself with extra helpings and overeating. Baigan ka Bharta was so delicious I could not stop licking my fingers at the time of eating. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner after long time.

This is my gastronomically lucky week. On Mumbai during this season, on the streets, one can find food vendor’s selling Sweet Potatoes grilled on charcoal with masala on top. I love it so much and I am glad to say that last three days I have been lucky to find those carts and eating and eating grilled sweet potatoes.


However in Ahmedabad, near Law garden, one gets much better version of the grilled sweet potatoes. After 7/8 years of gap I do not remember how it was prepared, but I still remember the taste. I think the dish is called “Sakaria” and its somewhat like Fruit chat or Aloo chats available in Karol Baug. New Delhi. I have not even forgotten the food stalls near Law Garden. I feel Gujjus are the greatest food lovers in the whole world and I have great respect for the way they enjoy food.

In next few days, the carts selling roasted harbhare will appear on the streets.

Some other time when my wife is in good mood again, I intend to request her quietly to cook Bhutte Ka Kis, a dish available only in Sarafa in Indore. Let's see and hope for best.

1 comment:

FH said...

What a wonderful array of Indian food! I love it and hope you bring us more.I am salivating here!:))