Friday, December 29, 2006

HOW TO QUIT SMOKING ?


How to quit smoking or rather how I quit smoking ?

Once upon a time I was a chain smoker. It is said that once a smoker , always a smoker. It is extremly difficult to quit smoking. I tried quitting several time but nothing stopped me from returing to smoking.

One day I read a story in book written by Late Va Pu Kale as told by Acharya Rajneesh. The story goes like this.

Situation is, One young man, after getiing up from bed early in the morning is very restless as he is having great urge to smoke. All his stock is over and to get a cigarette he wants to go all the way to the vendor. He is having a guest in his house, who tells him
" Some persons when they get up from bed , first thing in the morning they have urge to Smoke, for Some people, they search for rosary to chant god's name when they get up from the bed. I am not saying that chanting is good or smoking is bad or eighter way, all I am saying habit is bad, I am not asking you to quit smoking, quit the habit.

And I quit the HABIT. Last 15-20 years I have not touched Cigarette.

Let it be the New Year's Resolutions of all the Smokers to quit the HABIT.

No comments: