Thursday, December 14, 2006

PURANPOLI , MY SISTER-IN-LAW AND ME



What a windfall gain. Somebody’s loss is somebody else’s gain. I just experienced it today. (Dane Dane par likhya hai khanewale ka naam. On each and every food grain, the name of the person who is going to eat it is written)

It so happened that my (Mehuni ) Sister-In-Law (Wife's sister) had placed an order for 51 Puranpolies with Shri Vaishyampayan (Mobile no. 9224374520, Phone no.28828004) at Malad, in Mumbai for some function and due to unavoidable circumstances the function was cancelled, however the decision was taken very late and the puranpoli’s were ready and already delivered to my Brother-in-law’s home.
Not to mention this Samaritan rushed to the rescue of my Sister-in-Law as usual ( Kya kare ? Sali hoti hi hai aadhi gaharwali . On second thought I take back my comments. My wife is youngest and I do not want my Brother-in-law to ever think on those same lines). We traveled all the way to Malad, which is around 30-35 k.m. from my home one way, just for the sake of eating Puranpolies. Any way as mentioned in my earlier blog, my wife was long thrusting to visit her sister’s place ( Two birds in one stone), so she was also equally happy.

On reaching, immediately I took stock of the situation, and casually inquired about the distribution cycle, falling into my trap, she innocently told me that 10 puranpolies for this family and 10 for that and 10 for themselves and so on. My calculative mind immediately started calculating and then suddenly she must have realized my intention and was very generous today for a change. I was so jubilant to find out, we were the major shareholders. I also wanted to test whether or no, the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utilities applies while enjoying Puranpolies.
Remember the story of two monkeys , Cat ( Boka) and Khoya ( Khava) in Panchtantra. Today I was behaving just like Boka. The temptation was simply irritable and was converting me into shameless, greedy and hopeless lot.

To come back to Puranpolies, they were simply delicious, extra soft, delightful, and heavenly. Best in the world. Puranpolies goes very well with milk with sugar and shuddha ghee and with Katachi Aamti. I have not eaten Puranpolies like this anytime before in my life

To enjoy Puranpolies one does not have to necessary wait for Holi festival.
For the first time in my life I want to Thank her for the extraordinary treat.

1 comment:

Anjali Koli said...

HK no more ordering out. Now all homemade. And I too know one lady who makes divine poLis of all types.Now will order only tel polis they are the toughest to make at home! Thanks