Monday, January 08, 2007

BANGANGA FESTIVAL



Jan 2007. What a good start. 1st week of Jan.07 was a Hindustani Classical Sangeet bonanza for me.

Unfortunately on Friday, Jan 05th, I missed 1st half of the program. It was my foolishness I failed to keep a track. The Program was at Aakashwani. It was a concert by Smt. Pratima Tilak, another excellent artist. It was started around 5.00 p.m and silly of me to reach at the venue on 6.30 p.m, but was lucky enough to listen to Raga Bihagda, and Sohoni, my favorite. It was for the first time, I listened to her.

Next program in the row was by Smt.Vasundharatai Komkali and Ms. Kalapini Komkali at Bangaga Festival on Sunday 07th Jan. The concert was started with Raga Nand, followed by Tilak Kamod and Adana. I missed Shri Rahul Sharma's Santoor on the very first day.


Tomorrow I am going to listen to Shri Nishad Bakre at Y.B.Chavan Centre and on Jan 13th Smt Shruti Sadolikar Katkar, at Nehru Centre, if opportunity permits,

No comments: